Thursday, May 01, 2008

Nostalgia!

The days where I used to feel sharp... the days where I had the most inner excitement about learning that is possibly imaginable!
The days where I would skip my classes to study what I want to study! Self-motivation, and pure love for learning, and for playing... playing the games of brain, challenging the ordinary, proving to be extraordinary...

Alas, those days are gone with the wind, the wind that was blowing on the same day I entered a new type of classroom, where everything was given, and...

And now... oh how I miss those days, how I regret missing out on learning, all this time, six years! Six years have gone by, and I was always content! I was successful, but never challenged what was given... motivation is somehow gone with the wind, and now that I feel it coming from around the corner, will I ever be able to fully become what I was once trying to become? To learn, and love to learn? ...

Oh and one last question: Could you ever lose your mental abilities? My answer: It may well be possible... if you don't want to be exciting anymore, why should your brain care?

Now, Come on! Who are you fooling?! You've slided down the warm rabbit hole, where comfortable rules define ordinary days and nights...

2 comments:

Siavash said...

WOW. This changes...some stuff...we have to talk about this too now that you sparked the dialogue

bluesolitaire said...

I think the real question is ... do you miss that "self-motivation" for the sake of learning, or for the fact that it was a good drive for you to "become what you were once trying to become"?

Cuz ... you know ... if it's the former, (if you really just miss how you always loved to challenge yourself to learn new stuff), well don't!!! Cuz your nostalgia for your "pure love of learning", is a simple proof of the fact it's actually still in you ... So ... just go for it ... challenge yourself, play the game and have fun ...