Saturday, October 15, 2005

Thought Efficiency

Recently, my mind just wanders around. It's not like before. Like you know, sometimes, let's say when I was blow drying my hair or brushing my teeth, I didn't really think about anything. My mind was sort of like a vacuum... empty, nothing in it. At certain times during the day, I reached this state when I thought about nothing! It felt kinda good, cuz my mind relaxed. But it's been about two weeks or so that my mind has been working non-stop. Even when I brush my teeth!

My mind is constantly thinking, not even about important things, but actually about trivial matters! I mean, I wouldn't mind it if I was actually thinking about something ineteresting or important! It's just that I can't NOT THINK when I'm brushing my teeth! May sound funny (it kinda is!) but it has actually made me kind of worried. I mean, why do I think about such trivial things sooo much? Why is that thinking about non-important things takes up soo much energy of our mind?

Don't try to say that if you were a deep person you wouldn't have these problems! In fact, what I'm saying is that no matter how sophisticated your inetellect is, you are still spending an enormous amount of energy thinking about things that are of no value! They shouldn't take up your energy!

I don't think realizing that I am thinking during brushing my teeth, as opposed to just giving my mind a break, means anything with regards to the depth of my mental activities. It has only banged a hammer in my head, reminding me that I shouldn't spend sooo much time on unimportant stuff; but alas, nobody can stop thinking about unimportant matters, I think it's physically impossible. There has to be some wasted energy. You cannot have 100% output efficiency, right?

No comments: